Home  •  Morgan County  •  The Chamber  •  Our Members  •  Helpful Business Links  •  Visitor Info  •   Contact Us
Automobile Registration
Building Permits
Business Licenses
Clubs & Associations
Cultural Activities
Driver's License
Event Room Rentals
Financial Institutions
Health & Community Care
Hunting & Fishing Licenses
Law Enforcement
Local Government
Mail/UPS/Western Union
Marriage License
Recreation & Entertainment
Senior Services
West Virginia

Building Permits

All building in Morgan County, including the construction of houses, businesses, placement of mobile homes, storage sheds or substantial improvements requires an improvement permit prior to construction. Applications and additional information is available at the County Planning office in the Courthouse, phone 304-258-8540, www.morgancountywv.gov/Planning/ , or if within municipal limits, the respective town hall.

Permits require written approval from the Morgan County Health Department for sewage disposal and water systems, plus a registered WV Contractors license. Additional criteria must be met prior to building in a designated floodplain area or for commercial construction.

Paw Paw: $25; more if in flood plain.
Town of Bath: residential and commercial $15 for first $10,000 + $1 for each additional $1,000.
County: Residential: $50 base fee + 10¢ per sq ft above-grade area (total living/finished space). Recreational: $50 base fee + 10¢ per sq ft above grade area (total living/finished space). Mobile Homes: 5¢ per sq ft (single wide only). Outbuildings: 3¢ per sq ft. Improvements/Additions: 5¢ per sq ft for additions to residences (living room/den/sunroom, etc.). Renovations/fences: $20 (new siding, roof, yard fence, etc) (agriculture fences not included). Minimum permit fee is $10.00.

The Morgan County Planning Commission and staff administers six ordinances along with the issuance of building permits. These ordinances are the:
* Morgan County Subdivision Regulations,
* Stormwater Management Regulations,
* Commercial and Industrial Improvement Location Permit Ordinance
* Flood Plain Ordinance,
* Salvage Yard Regulations,
* Exotic Entertainment Ordinance
* Canine Restraint Ordinance.
* Excessive Residential Noise Ordinance
* All-Terrain Vehicle ordinance
The Planning Commission consists of an 11 member volunteer board in which its members are appointed by the Morgan County Commission. The Board meets on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the County Commission Office.


Contact Us   •  Join the Chamber  •  Newsletter  •  Economic Development

Berkeley Springs - Morgan County Chamber of Commerce  •  127 Fairfax St., Berkeley Springs, WV 25411  •  (304) 258-3738